Once you set up Data Breach Scanner with your domain, the results will be available in the Admin Panel within 24 hours. You can view breach statistics from the Dashboard.
These statistics include:
- The total number of breaches, scanned active members, and scanned domains.
- The total number of risks is separated into high risk and low risk categories.
- A chart with the total number of breaches at the end of each month for the past six months.
Select "High risk" or "Low risk" to see an ordered list of all breaches to get more insights.
How are risks classified?
Breaches are counted as compromised data groups on a website - if one website, phone, or address gets compromised, we count it as a single breach.
A single breach can either be classified as high-risk or low-risk only. The risk level is assigned based on which data was compromised. For example, a leaked date of birth or company name is considered low-risk. NordPass regards high-risk data as:
- Third-party systems API keys
- Bank details
- Credit card details
- Social security numbers
Data Breach Scanner page
To get more granular information regarding data breaches, you can select Data Breach Scanner from the Dashboard.
- Active members. Any active members found in any known breaches will appear here. If a member is on vacation, you can select Ignore Member, and the breach scanner will stop reporting any breaches related to their account.
- Resolved breaches. Once you resolve a breach, it will appear here. You can select Restore Breach or Restore All Breaches if you accidentally resolve a breach.
- Ignored members. If you decided to exclude a member from the breach scanning, you can find this member here. You can easily return this member to breach scanning by selecting Restore Member.
- Domains breaches. Email addresses with your organization’s domain that are not active NordPass members will appear here. You can invite them to join your organization on NordPass by selecting Invite to NordPass or delete them from the breach scanner report by selecting Delete Domain Email.