If you have forgotten your Master Password and lost the Recovery Code there is an option to regain access to the Business vault.
This can be done through the NordPass web version of the Admin Panel or via the NordPass application.
If you forgot your Master Password and Recovery Code
- To start the recovery process, first, click Forgot Recovery code? via Admin Panel or inside the NordPass application.
- In the next step, confirm that you would like to send a request to your Organization Owner who will need to approve your account recovery.
- Now, you will be able to create a new Master Password and will be given a new Recovery Code.
- After that, you will receive a four-digit confirmation code which you will need to share with your Organization’s Owner in order to confirm the Recovery process.
- Once the Owner will check if your code matches and approves the recovery request, you will receive a confirmation via email. You can then log in to your NordPass account using the new Master Password.
How to reset NordPass Business Account from the Owner's perspective
Once the user sends an account recovery request to the Organization’s Owner, the owner needs to log in to Admin Panel. In the Members section, Recoveries tab there will be a new request with two options:
- To approve the account recovery:
When the account recovery is approved, the new Master Password and Recovery Code will replace the old ones. The user will be notified that they can now access their vault with the new Master Password.
- To deny the account recovery:
When denied, the Account Recovery request is deleted. The user will be notified that the request was not approved. A new request can be sent at any time but in case this happens again, we would suggest contacting the Organization’s Owner first.
What happens if the owner takes no action in 5 days?
If the owner takes no action in 5 days, the account recovery request will expire. In case this happens, the user will be notified via email. The user can send a new recovery request at any time but in case this happens again, we would suggest contacting the Organization’s Owner first.
Where can I find my new Recovery Code?
You can only get the Recovery Code from the NordPass application in the same device where account recovery was initiated. In case you can’t find the Recovery Code, you can always generate a new one in the applications' Settings.
If you have any questions regarding NordPass Business, feel free to drop us an email at email@example.com.