In this guide, you will find detailed steps on how to use the Trusted Contacts feature in the NordPass desktop application and Web Vault.
Note: Trusted Contacts feature is only available to NordPass Premium subscribers.
Adding Trusted Contacts
- Log in to your NordPass application.
- Open Settings and scroll down to Advanced.
- Select Add New Contact.
- Enter the email address of the person that you want to add as a Trusted Contact and select Continue.
- Enter a message of up to 100 characters and click Encrypt. The message will be automatically encrypted with the recipient’s public key. Now it can only be decrypted with the recipient’s private key.
- At the bottom, an encrypted message will appear. Copy the message and send it to your contact.
- Now the other person will need to log in to their NordPass account, go to Settings and select Advanced. At the bottom, they will see your request. Click Accept.
- They will need to enter the encrypted message sent by you and select Decrypt.
- If the message matches, they will see the same decrypted message that you have entered. Click Confirm.
- Now go back to your NordPass application, open Settings, select Advanced, and click Accept.
- Make sure that the decrypted message matches yours and select Confirm.
- You have successfully added a Trusted Contact.
Sharing with Trusted Contacts
The sharing with trusted contacts feature works similarly to sharing items with other NordPass users.
- Click the three dots icon next to an item that you want to share and select Share.
- Enter the recipient's email address, and choose if you want to share with Full Rights or Limited Rights.
- Select Share.
- This item will appear in the recipient's NordPass vault in Shared Items folder where they can accept or decline it.