NordPass offers an easy way to import your passwords from other password managers. Before importing the CSV (comma-separated) file with your information, you might need to organize it first. This guide will explain how to organize the CSV file to match NordPass import formatting.
The most important thing is to make sure that your information in the CSV file is entered based on headlines. Below you can see a template of CSV format accepted by NordPass:
You can zoom in or right-click on the picture and download it to make this screenshot bigger.
Alternatively, you can get a template of the NordPass CSV file and simply fill it in. You will need an application that can open and edit CSV files, for example, Excel or Google Docs.
- Open your NordPass desktop application and log in to your account.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down to the Import and Export part of Settings and click Export Items.
- Enter your Master Password and click Continue.
- Save this file to your device. Make sure that you save this file as CSV.
- Now use one of the applications that support CSV file editing to enter your passwords and other information that you want to import to NordPass.
- After you have filled the CSV file, save the changes and import them to NordPass. Go back to NordPass desktop application Settings and click Import Items.
- This will open a new window with a list of different password managers. Click Other to import your file.
- A new window will open where you can upload the file. Once a file is uploaded, you will see how many items will be imported. If everything is correct, click Import.
If you have any questions or need further help, do not hesitate to contact our Customer Success team for some guidance.