Many websites are being breached every day, and if your members' data were stored on any of them, it may compromise your organization’s security. Data Breach Scanner is a security feature designed to help you detect whether any of your company's email domains or passwords have appeared in a data breach.
You can add up to 2 domains for breach scanning. If you’d like to add more, please contact our sales team at email@example.com.
You can set up the Data Breach Scanner from the Admin Panel by following these steps:
- Open Admin Panel and go to Settings.
- Scroll down and select the Data Breach Scanner.
- Select Add Domain.
- In the new window, enter the domain name you’d like to add. DNS TXT entry will be automatically provided for you. Select Done to confirm this step.
- Copy DNS TXT and contact your administrator to add generated DNS TXT entry into your domain DNS configuration.
- Once the TXT entry is added, return to the Admin Panel and select Verify to finish your domain ownership confirmation.
If you lose your DNS TXT record, you can view it again by selecting More Options and Show DNS TXT entry. You can also permanently stop domain scanning by deleting the domain from here.
Changes usually take place within a few minutes. However, there are cases where it may take up to 72 hours to complete.
That’s it! You have successfully set up Data Breach Scanner for your organization. To learn how it works, check out our guide on how to use Data Breach Scanner.