NordLocker is an easy-to-use file encryption tool. It lets you store and share your data securely. With a simple drag-and-drop to a Locker folder, NordLocker secures your files with powerful encryption.
NordLocker now offers an option that will allow you to sync your encrypted files and access them on different devices using Cloud storage. Free Cloud Storage can be claimed by using your free NordPass account!
First, you would need to download the NordLocker application on either your Windows 10 64-bit or macOS that is running 10.13 or a later version. Afterward, please install the application and proceed with your account setup.
After the installation, to log in to your NordLocker account, there are two passwords that need to be entered. Firstly, you need to log in to your Nord Account. Nord Account is used on all three of our products, NordVPN, NordPass, and NordLocker.
- If you are using Windows, enter your registered e-mail address and the password used for your Nord Account;
In case you have forgotten your Nord Account's password, you can reset it by clicking on the Reset it button in the NordLocker window.
- If you are using macOS, you will have to click on the Use it to log in button first to be redirected to the logging in window. Enter your Nord Account's credentials and click Log in;
- Then, you will be prompted to verify your registered email. Open your mailbox to find the verification code and type it in to the NordLocker app. If you did not get the code or it has expired, you can request for a new one by clicking on the Resend code button at the bottom of the screen.
- Afterwards, you will need to set up your Master Password, which will be your main password for decrypting and encrypting files. Use at least 6 characters for it.
- For macOS devices, you will need to confirm the Master Password on a new window:
- Lastly, you will get a Recovery Key in case you lose your Master Password. Make sure to save it somewhere safe.
Please note, if you forget your Master Password and lose the Recovery Key, you will have no access to your encrypted files.
And that's it! Go encrypt your files! For more guidance, you can see our other articles:
- Encrypting files on macOS or Windows devices
- Decrypting files on macOS or Windows devices
- Sharing lockers on macOS or Windows devices
- Syncing lockers on macOS or Windows devices.
If there are any questions or issues during the process of creating an account, do reach out to our Customer Success team.