NordPass can now scan your data right from your camera on your Android device, and upload it right away to your vault, without you having to type in anything! OCR (Optical Character Recognition) is a technology used to recognize text in documents, photos, or image files. It scans and identifies text (printed, typed, or handwritten), and converts it into editable file formats. You can find more information about the OCR scan feature here.
1. Open the NordPass application on your Android device and select Credit Cards or Secure Notes.
2. Then tap the + sign and select the option Add Credit Card/Add Secure Note.
3. Tap on the camera icon as shown in the image below.
4. Give NordPass the permission to use your camera.
5. Scan the text or image - it can take a few seconds.
6. Edit the information if you need, create a title for your convenience, and tap Save.
That’s it - you have now successfully imported data to your account using your Android phone’s camera.