Before you migrate to NordPass, here are a few things you should know on how to export passwords from LastPass:
LastPass’ export does not include file attachments. We recommend you download your file attachments before exporting.
NordPass currently does not import TOTP secrets. We’re currently working to include this field in the migration process. Make sure to store your TOTP secrets elsewhere before exporting.
- Item categories in LastPass, such as SSH Keys, Custom Items, and Bank Accounts, will be imported as Secure Notes within NordPass.
To export your saved passwords from the LastPass password manager, follow the steps below:
Export from the LastPass browser extension
- Open your LastPass browser extension by clicking the LastPass icon in the browser toolbar and log in to your account.
- Open the Account tab and select Fix a problem yourself and choose Export vault items.
If you are using an older version of the LastPass extension, follow these steps: select Account Options, open Extension Preferences, and choose Export -> LastPass CSV File.
- Enter your LastPass Master Password and select Continue.
- A CSV file with your LastPass items is downloaded to your device.
Export from the LastPass website vault
- Log in to your LastPass account at https://lastpass.com/?ac=1
Open Advanced Options and select Export.
- This will send a notification to your email address. Open the letter sent by LastPass and select Continue export.
- Go back to your LastPass website vault, open Advanced Options, and select Export again.
- Enter your LastPass Master Password and select Submit.
If your browser allows pop-ups from LastPass, a CSV file will be automatically downloaded to your device.
If the CSV file is not downloaded, your vault items will be displayed on a new browser page. You can copy and paste all your credentials to Notepad (for Windows) or TextEdit (for macOS) as a plain text file (to change text format in TextEdit: open TextEdit -> Format -> Make Plain Text). After you saved the text file, rename it by adding ".csv" to the end of the file name (for instance, "file.csv").
That's it! You have exported your login data from the LastPass Password Manager.
Now, you can easily import these passwords to the NordPass Password Manager by following our guide on how to import passwords to NordPass.