Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to set up group provisioning in the NordPass Admin Panel with Microsoft Entra ID (formerly Azure AD).
Note: At the moment, only the Beta version of group provisioning is available. With Beta, you will be able to provision groups and users. The possibility to update and merge provisioned groups will be introduced with the next release.
Set up Microsoft Entra ID (formerly Azure AD) Group Provisioning
To set up Group Provisioning, Entra ID user Provisioning should be already active. After User Provisioning is enabled, Encryption service needs to be set up. Encryption service provides the possibility for NordPass to keep the zero-knowledge architecture.
- Go to NordPass Admin Panel and log in.
- Go to Settings > Users & Group Provisioning. If you didn’t set up User Provisioning previously, follow this guide first and proceed to the next steps.
- Select Create Configuration.
- You will receive the configuration. Save it for now.
- Go to Microsoft Azure and log in.
- Find the Deploy Custom Template page and select Build your own template in the editor.
- In the opened template editor view, insert the configuration script you got from the NordPass Admin Panel in step 4 and select Save.
- In Basics tab, select Resource group or create your own Resource group. Select Next.
- The system will validate your deployment, but it can take some time. After validation is finished, select Create.
- You will be redirected to the deployment page, and it will take some time. The deployment progress will appear under Revision.
- After successful deployment, you will receive a notification Deployment succeeded. Select Go to resource group.
- Check if the deployment status is Succeeded.
How to verify the provisioning status?
To verify that deployment is running successfully, go to the Resource group you have added deployment previously in. Open nordpass-eec-container.
Go to Revisions. Here, you can check statuses. If deployment is running successfully, it will show Provisioned and Running statuses.