Turning on Okta Single Sign-On (SSO) allows your organization members to log in to the NordPass application using their Okta credentials instead of a user password.
Follow the steps below to integrate Okta SSO to NordPass in the Okta Integration Network (OIN).
Service Provider (SP)-Initiated Authentication (SSO) Flow (OpenID Connect) - This authentication flow occurs when the user attempts to log in to the application from NordPass
In order to proceed with configuring login with SSO through Okta, you must:
Have access to an Okta tenant
Be an Okta administrator to that tenant
The Okta Single Sign-On integration is only available for Enterprise plans
Have created NordPass organization
The members' emails exactly match their Okta accounts.
Log in to your organization’s Okta tenant.
Go to Applications > Applications > Add Application, search for NordPass, and select Add.
From Okta’s main menu, select Application and open NordPass.
Open General tab and make a copy of the following:
> Client ID
> Client Secret
> Okta domain
Once you have the information, log in to NordPass Admin Panel.
Select Settings > Single Sign-On (SSO) and Authentication > Okta SSO.
Enter Client ID, Client Secret, and Okta domain you have saved in step 4 and select Save.
Select Turn on SSO Method.
Log in to NordPass with Okta
Follow the steps below to use Okta Single Sign-On to log in to NordPass:
- Go to the NordPass Business login page: https://nordbusinessaccount.com/.
- Chose if you want to log in to the app, Web Vault, or Admin Panel.
- Enter your email address and select Continue. You will be redirected back to the NordPass Business login page.
- Select Log in with Okta.
- You might be prompted to enter your Okta credentials.
- If the authentication is successful, you will be redirected to NordPass and asked for Master Password.